Mobile Museum of Art invites the community to participate in a photography contest inspired by MMofA’s special exhibition, do it.
Following the do it instruction by Robert Barry, participants are encouraged to highlight a unique ability that they possess. The instruction states:
Do something unique that you and no one else in the world can do.
Don’t call it art.
In order to be eligible for the photography contest, contestants must abide by the following rules:
- Enter a photograph inspired by the instruction between March 13 and March 26.
- Use #BarryDoIt to submit your photo (via Instagram).
- Tag us in your photograph submission.
- Make sure your profile is set to public. For instructions on how to do so, visit the help pages on Instagram.
- Follow Mobile Museum of Art on Instagram to see the winner!
By using the hashtag associated with the photo contest, participants allow Mobile Museum of Art the legal right to re-post photographs entered into the contest on their social media pages and website. Each contestant may only enter one photograph. MMofA also holds the ability to exclude what we may deem to be inappropriate subject matter from the contest entries.
A jury appointed by the Mobile Museum of Art will then select a winner from the submissions, and the winner will receive an Individual membership to Mobile Museum of Art.