Mobile Museum of Art invites the community to celebrate Alabama’s Bicentennial with a photography contest focusing on themes unique to the state. Drawing inspiration from Mobile Museum of Art’s new exhibitions, CHRISTENBERRY: In Alabama and Contemporary Alabama Photography, participants are invited to express the parts of this land and culture that they hold most dear.
In order to be eligible for the photography contest, contestants must abide by the following rules:
- Enter a photograph inspired by the week’s theme.
- Use #MMofAPhoto to submit your photo (via Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram).
- Tag us in your photograph submission.
- Make sure your profile is set to public. For instructions on how to do so, visit the help pages on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Follow Mobile Museum of Art on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see the winners for each contest!
- Family: Entry Week – April 25 through May 1. Voting Week – May 2 through May 8. >> Click here to see the submissions from this week!
- Place: Entry Week – May 2 through May 8. Voting Week – May 9 through May 15. >> Click here to see the submissions from this week!
- Passage of Time: Entry Week – May 9 through May 15. Voting Week – May 16 through May 22. >> Click here to see the submissions from this week!
- MMofA will re-post entries on their Facebook page in an album for each week.
- The photo with the highest number of likes on MMofA’s Facebook page for the week will be the winner.
- Each contestant may only enter one photograph per theme.
By using the hashtag associated with the photo contest, participants allow Mobile Museum of Art the legal right to re-post photographs entered into the contest on their social media pages and website. Each contestant may only enter one photograph per theme. MMofA also holds the ability to exclude what we may deem to be inappropriate subject matter from the contest entries.
Prizes will be awarded to each of the three winners and include:
Individual membership to
Mobile Museum of Art
Mobile Museum of Art collection catalog
The Mobile Museum of Art: Selections from Fifty Years of Collecting
Special Exhibition books
CHRISTENBERRY: In Alabama
Art & Family