Mobile Museum of Art is seeking artists who are willing and able to teach, and become part of a new “floating faculty” of artist-educators. In collaboration with the Mobile Arts Council and Alabama Contemporary Art Center, MMofA has built a database called the Teaching Artist Project (T.A.P.) that connects local creative folks to teaching and residency opportunities in the area.
MMofA’s Museum School, a pilot program focused on providing quality arts education for citizens of Mobile, utilizes T.A.P. to organize artist-led classes, tours, workshops, seminars, and lectures in a wide variety of disciplines—both within the art museum and at off-site locations (outreach). The Museum School also offers professional development workshops for T.A.P.’s participating artists and teacher training for core outreach programs. Starting as early as fall of 2016, T.A.P. will be a centralized resource to connect employable artists with museum curators, educators, arts administrators, and others with a common goal to enrich their community through arts education.
Ready to sign-up? First, make sure you have:
- An Artists Statement, 300 words or less written in first person.
- A current copy of your Resume or C.V., saved as a PDF.
- 3 References, name and contact number
- 3 images representing your work
- Gif, Jpg, or Png format
- 300 Dpi
- Maximum 2500 Pixels on the long edge
- If your work is not visual you can provide a website link to better represent your practice.