The Museum School at the Mobile Museum of Art is pleased to offer theme tours and art activities to students K-4 through college. In recognizing the connection between academic success and an education in the arts, the education staff has designed a program that incorporates core curriculum-based principles with art-related activities to encourage museum use and appreciation. Please review the programs and activities in our School Tour Planner and take advantage of the unique resources available to you and your students.
Contact Kim Wood at 251.208.5212, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or email email@example.com to schedule your visit.
Please have ready:
- Name, address, and phone number of school and contact
- Age or grade level(s) and number of children in your group
- Date and time of tour. Please prepare a second and third date choice.
- Any special needs your group may have
- Type of tour requested (see tour options)
- Amount of time for your visit
Your tour will be confirmed by mail. Please inform us of any changes to your scheduled visit as soon as possible.
GROUP & TOUR POLICY
- All tours require 1 adult/parent/chaperone/aide of 16 years of age or older.
- A chaperone, parent, or aide is required for every 10 children (children ages 1 – 15 years old)
- Children can not be unattended in the galleries.
- Children ages 1 through 15 are not permitted in the galleries/museum without a parent or guardian 16 years of age or older.
KEEPSAKE A Creative Program for Adults with Alzheimer’s Disease With specially designed guided tours through our galleries, this program strives to add meaning to the lives of those living with early stage dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and to support those who care for them through intellectual stimulation, creativity, and social interaction. Our approach accesses the creative […]
Field Trips at MMofA: The Museum School at Mobile Museum of Art accommodates field trips by offering themed tours and art activities to students in K-4 through college. In recognizing the connection between academic success and an education in the arts, the education staff designs programs that incorporate core curriculum-based principles with art-related activities to encourage Museum […]