It’s a busy week at MMofA as we have four new exhibitions opening, Friday art talks, adults classes, and more planned!
- Wednesday, October 3, join us in The Museum School for Plein Air Watercolor with Satomi Kamei. This five-week class is on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. To register, click here >>
- Thursday, October 4, we are free for Mobile County Residents. We will close at 5 p.m. for the members-only opening reception of four special exhibitions: Stephen Althouse: Metanoia, Monica J. Beasley: Feminism & Magical Thinking, Jane Cassidy: The Undersea Well, and Michael Olszweski: Meaning & Light. If you’d like to join the party, become a member today >>
- Friday, October 5, join us for an afternoon double header art talk and lunch. At 11:30 a.m., Michael Olszewski will talk about how his exhibition came together. We’ll break for a brief lunch (please RSVP for lunch) before moving into the East Gallery for an art talk with Stephen Althouse at 12:45 p.m.
- Saturday, October 6, stop by the Education Wing from 10 a.m. to noon for our Children’s Studio. This week’s craft will focus on special exhibition Monica J. Beasley: Feminism & Magical Thinking.
- Aaron Sanders Head will be teaching an
- Finally, the Mobile Animation Film Festival will be happening on Saturday from 12 – 2:30 p.m. Lead by the Animation Department at the University of South Alabama, MAFF’s goal is to present the best of student, national, and international animation to the community of Mobile, AL.
- Special exhibition art:WORK and collections exhibitions Asian Art, NATIVE AMERICAN ART: From the Collection, Our People, Our Places, Our Collection, and Serious Whimsy, Serious Play are open.
- Throughout the week, stop in The Museum Store to grab your sketching supplies.
- Our Art Library and Research Center is also open on Thursday from noon until 5 p.m. for MMofA members and artists registered with TAP.