Night of the Dead Artists is back this week at MMofA.
- Stop by and check out our new special exhibitions: Stephen Althouse: Metanoia, Monica J. Beasley: Feminism & Magical Thinking, Jane Cassidy: The Undersea Well, and Michael Olszweski: Meaning & Light.
- Thursday, October 18, we are free for Mobile County Residents and open until 9 p.m.
- On Thursday, join us in The Museum School for Handbuilding in Clay with Denise Ralston from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Night of the Dead Artists returns on Thursday! We’ve partnered with AIDS Alabama South for an All Hallow’s Eve extravaganza. Performers from a number of community theaters will be joining us as deceased artists come to haunt their own works in the collection. Fun also includes a gallery scavenger hunt, live music, face painting, and tarot card readings. We’ll also have psychic readings by The Mobile Medium, Dyversitle Crew dancers will be entertaining and preforming as Charlie Chaplin, and a Monster Mash Flash Mob. Click here for more details >>
- Friday, October 19, join us in The Museum School for Unguided Studio Time: Figure Drawing from 12:30 – 3 p.m.
- Saturday, October 20, stop by the Education Wing from 10 a.m. to noon for our Children’s Studio.
- Special exhibition art:WORK and collections exhibitions Asian Art, NATIVE AMERICAN ART: From the Collection, Our People, Our Places, Our Collection, and Serious Whimsy, Serious Play are open.
- Throughout the week, stop in The Museum Store to grab your sketching supplies.
- Our Art Library and Research Center is also open on Thursday from noon until 6 p.m. for MMofA members and artists registered with TAP.
- The Winter deadline for the Government Plaza Gallery is November 1. If you’re interested in having your work displayed, click here >>