FOR CHILDREN 2020
December 14, 2019 – December 2020
MMofA’s exhibition, FOR CHILDREN, is an exhibition organized by the Mobile Museum of Art specifically designed for kids!
The exhibition presents a maze of galleries for children to experience immersive, creative and wacky visual environments. It is designed for fun, yet teaches kids the basic elements of creative art and design (Line, Texture, Color, Scale, and Shape), as well as relationships between science and art. The exhibition includes hands-on experiences and photo opportunities for parents and grandparents!
FOR CHILDREN 2020 features more immersive installations, interactive elements like a giant LITE BRITE, video projections, miniature environments designed by local artists, and different themed rooms.
FOR CHILDREN is generously sponsored by several foundations, businesses, and organizations in Mobile:
The Crampton Trust, established by Katharine Cochrane Crampton
The Caring Foundation
Hand Arendall LLC
The exhibition is conceived and organized by Museum director Deborah Velders and designed by Don Bowden Architecture with additional design assistance from Star Design Graphics of Mobile.
Book below to explore the exhibition with your family!
Starting Tuesday, July 14, MMofA is opening this exhibition for families to privately explore. Book one of two time slots – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 2 to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday – to safely experience this interactive children’s exhibition that emphasizes the elements of art and design.
Bookings must be made online in advance, and are limited to one group per time slot, with a maximum of 10 people per group. Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. The exhibition is cleaned and sanitized before and after every group, and everyone will be required to wear masks while inside the museum. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. No food or drink is allowed in the galleries.
Free for MMofA Family Members | $40 per group for nonmembers*
While COVID-19 is still a threat to our area, we have made a few adjustments to our normal operating procedures. Please note:
- Masks are required and contactless temperature checks will be performed upon entry.
- Group visits are limited to a maximum of 10 people from one family per time slot.
- Visitors must maintain a 6 to 10 ft distance from other visitors.
- Programs and late hours on Thursdays are suspended until further notice.
You can read our full list of precautions here>>
* Admission to the Museum is Pay By Donation through September 7, 2020. After that time, general admission will be reinstated. Guests who book a time ticket for FOR CHILDREN will have the option to add General Admission to their visit upon arrival at the Museum at a reduced admission rate of $3 per person and children under 6 are free.