OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES: MAY 20 — SEPTEMBER 3, 2023
MMofA, in partnership with Mobile County Commission, is organizing an exhibition for Government Plaza. This opportunity is open to any artist in the Mobile area. Artists may submit up to 3 works of visual art, mixed media, paintings, needlepoint, ceramic works, photography, works on paper, and sculptures completed in the last 10 years detailed in JPEG or video format.
PLEASE READ THE WORK PARAMETERS FULLY.
- To submit work you must live or work in the Mobile Area
- 2D works must be framed and/or ready to hang and no larger than 32 inches on either edge
- 3D works must not exceed a weight of 40 lbs or a 32-inch height and width limit or a 20-inch depth limit
- All work submitted must be able to stay for the duration of the exhibition
- Artists may offer their work for sale (if selected) by including contact info on the label. Artists are solely responsible for communicating with potential buyers for any reason, including the sale and delivery of work at the end of the exhibition. Neither the Museum staff nor county staff will work as an agent or broker, delivery service, or storage facility for any work.
- Open call submissions must be made online
Starting May 20, 2023, please submit the following online:
- An Artist Statement (300 words or less)
- A Current Resume or C.V.
- 3 High-resolution images of your work
- Title, Medium, and Dimensions for each piece
*All work must be original and completed within the last 10 years. Artists will retain all legal rights to their work during and after the exhibition.
The deadline to submit work is September 3, 2023.
This is a juried exhibition. A selection committee will be formed to jury the work. This committee will be composed of museum professionals. Not all artists or work submitted will be included in the exhibition.
Artists will be notified if accepted by September 30, 2023. Work must be delivered to Mobile Museum of Art by October 31, 2023. The exhibition will open in November of 2023 (date TBA) and will remain on view for six months.
Applications must be submitted online. If you do not have internet capability or if you have any questions or issues in submitting work, please contact:
Stan Hackney, Curator at Stan.Hackney@CityofMobile.org