OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES: AUGUST 1 – NOVEMBER 1, 2019
MMofA, in partnership with Mobile County Commission, is organizing its fourth pop-up exhibition for Government Plaza. This opportunity is open to any artist in the Mobile area. Artists may submit up to 3 works of visual art, mixed media, paintings, needlepoint, ceramic works, photography, works on paper, and sculptures completed in the last 5 years detailed in JPEG or video format.
PLEASE READ WORK PARAMETERS FULLY.
- To submit work you must live or work in the Mobile Area
- 2D works must be ready to hang and no larger than 32 inches on either edge
- 3D works must not exceed a weight of 40 lbs or a 32 inch height and width limit or a 20 inch depth limit
- All work submitted must be able to stay the duration of the exhibition (January 31, 2020 – June 1, 2020)
- Artists may offer their work for sale (if selected) by including contact info on the label. Artists are solely responsible for communicating with potential buyers for any reason, including the sale and delivery of work at the end of the exhibition. Neither the Museum staff nor county staff will work as an agent or broker, delivery service or storage facility for any work.
- Open call submissions must be made online
Starting August 1, 2019 please submit the following online:
- An Artist Statement (400 words or less)
- A Current Resume or C.V.
- 3 High resolution images of your work –
- JPEG Format
- 300 dpi minimum
- 2000 pixels on the short edge
- Title, Medium, and Dimensions for each piece
*All work must be original and completed within the last 5 years. Artists will retain all legal rights to their work during and after the exhibition.
The Deadline to submit work is NOVEMBER 1, 2019.
This is a juried exhibition. A selection committee will be formed to jury the work. This committee will be composed of museum professionals. Not all artists or work submitted will be included in the exhibition.
August 1 – November 1: OPEN CALL
November 2 – 15: SELECTION OF WORK
November 20 – December 1: NOTIFICATION
January 1 – 18: INTAKE
January 21 – 25: INSTALLATION OF WORK AT GOV’T PLAZA
January 31, 2020: Reception for Artists
January – June 1, 2020: EXHIBITION DATES
June 2020: DE-INSTALL
June – July 2020: WORK PICK-UP
If you do not have internet capability or if you have any questions or issues in submitting work please contact:
Stan Hackney, Curator at
Stan.Hackney@cityofmobile.org or 251.208.5206