The Museum School at the Mobile Museum of Art is pleased to offer theme tours and art activities to students K-4 through college. In recognizing the connection between academic success and an education in the arts, the education staff has designed a program that incorporates core curriculum-based principles with art-related activities to encourage museum use and appreciation.
GROUP & TOUR POLICY
- All tours require 1 adult/parent/chaperone/aide of 16 years of age or older.
- Children can not be unattended in the galleries.
- Children ages 1 through 15 are not permitted in the galleries/museum without a parent or guardian 16 years of age or older.
- Maximum of 30 students per group.
- One chaperone is required per every 5 students in Pre-K – 6th grade.
- One chaperone is required per every 10 students in 7th – 12th grade.
- Field Trips and School groups must register online at MobileMuseumofArt.com/Tours.
- Requests for tours should be made at least one week in advance of your visit.
- Availability for tours is Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Virtual field trips with The Museum School aren’t your traditional gallery tour. Throughout history, art has played an essential part in our daily lives. It shapes and informs the world around us, and can be used to communicate ideas in any subject.
Field Trips at MMofA: The Museum School at Mobile Museum of Art accommodates field trips by offering themed tours and art activities to students in K-4 through college.