New exhibitions, knitting in the galleries, classes, and more at MMofA this week.
- Stop by and check out our new special exhibitions: Stephen Althouse: Metanoia, Monica J. Beasley: Feminism & Magical Thinking, Jane Cassidy: The Undersea Well, and Michael Olszweski: Meaning & Light.
- Thursday, October 11, we are free for Mobile County Residents and open until 9 p.m.
- On Thursday night, drop in to The Art of Seeing: Elements and Principles of Design with Matilde Tellaexte. This week’s class will focus on color as an element of art.
- We’ll also have knitting in the galleries on Thursday night! We’ve partnered with Mobile Yarn to bring you a program inspired by special exhibition, Michael Olszweski: Meaning & Light. Bring your own supplies or pick some up here for a small fee. The fun starts at 6 p.m.
- Friday, October 12, join us in The Museum School for Unguided Studio Time: Figure Drawing from 12:30 – 3 p.m.
- Saturday, October 13, stop by the Education Wing from 10 a.m. to noon for our Children’s Studio.
- Special exhibition art:WORK and collections exhibitions Asian Art, NATIVE AMERICAN ART: From the Collection, Our People, Our Places, Our Collection, and Serious Whimsy, Serious Play are open.
- Throughout the week, stop in The Museum Store to grab your sketching supplies.
- Our Art Library and Research Center is also open on Thursday from noon until 6 p.m. for MMofA members and artists registered with TAP.