Join Our Team! Become a Volunteer!
Mobile Museum of Art provides dozens of programs for the public and participates in numerous community activities that would not be possible without volunteers. Through hands-on service, volunteers play many roles that make it possible for the Museum to further its mission while developing their personal interest in the arts. Museum programs such as school and walk-in tours as well as outreach events are some of the most important aspects of the museum that are significantly enhanced by the generous dedication of time and service from our valued volunteers.
- Classroom Art Aides…work with children
- Clerical Aides…assist staff with administrative tasks
- Collection inventorying assistance…data entry and cataloging works of art
- Docents…give guided group tours to guests and school field trips
- Event Assistants…offer refreshments and assist set-up/clean-up crew
- Marketing/Public Relations Aides…promote membership and interest in MMofA
- Visitor Services…be the first impression to guests and pass out information
HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE STUDENTS
- After School Art Aides…year-long opportunities with younger children
- Summer Art Camp Counselors…weekly Art Blast camp assistants – WILL NOT BE HELD SUMMER 2021
- Receive volunteer credit hours for your school organizations and service clubs!
- Serve as an ambassador, spreading the word about the museum’s permanent collection, special exhibitions, and educational programs
- Receive training from professional Museum staff, guest curators, artists, and other experts
- Take advantage of learning opportunities to develop new skills
- Participate in special volunteer-only events
- Make friends who share your interest for art and community service