Field Trips at MMofA:
The Museum School at Mobile Museum of Art accommodates field trips by offering themed tours and art activities to students in K-4 through college. In recognizing the connection between academic success and an education in the arts, the education staff designs programs that incorporate core curriculum-based principles with art-related activities to encourage Museum use and appreciation. When you’re ready to set up a field trip with us, click the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page, fill out an interest form, and a staff member will contact you to confirm your visit.
GROUP & TOUR POLICY
- All tours require 1 adult/parent/chaperone/aide of 16 years of age or older.
- Children can not be unattended in the galleries.
- Children ages 1 through 15 are not permitted in the galleries/museum without a parent or guardian 16 years of age or older.
- Maximum of 30 students per group.☨
- One chaperone is allowed per every 5 students in Pre-K – 6th grade.
- One chaperone is allowed per every 10 students in 7th – 12th grade.
- Field Trips and School groups must register using the form linked below.
- Requests for tours should be made at least one week in advance of your visit.
- Availability for tours is Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
FIELD TRIP PRICING*
- Tour Only: $3.00
- Activity Only: $3.00
- Tour + Activity: $6.00
- 3 free chaperones per group (no matter the size).
- Additional chaperones are $3 each.
(These prices reflect more than a 50% discount on regular admission prices)
☨For groups larger than 30, please get in touch with Ashley McIntyre, whose information is below.
*Please inquire about grant opportunities for Title I schools.
Ashley McIntyre, Art Education Coordinator
251.208.5217 or 251.208.5222