Howard Sutcliffe talks textiles on Thursday and Fused Glass Gifts with Rachel Wright starts Saturday.
- Join us on Thursday, October 25 for the next installment in our Director’s Series. This time, Textile Conservator Howard Sutcliffe will talk about his career that includes conserving objects as disparate as Tiraz fragments from Medieval Egypt to Kermit the Frog. Click here for more info >>
- Fused Glass Gifts with Rachel Wright starts this Saturday, October 27. Get a head start on your holiday gifts and learn the basics of fused glass. Register here.
- Special exhibitions Stephen Althouse: Metanoia, Monica J. Beasley: Feminism & Magical Thinking, Jane Cassidy: The Undersea Well, and Michael Olszweski: Meaning & Light, and art:WORK and collections exhibitions Asian Art, NATIVE AMERICAN ART: From the Collection, Our People, Our Places, Our Collection, and Serious Whimsy, Serious Play are open.
- Thursday, October 25, we are free for Mobile County Residents and open until 9 p.m.
- Throughout the week, stop in The Museum Store to grab your sketching supplies.
- Our Art Library and Research Center is also open on Thursday from noon until 6 p.m. for MMofA members and artists registered with TAP.
- On Saturday, October 27, stop by the Education Wing from 10 a.m. to noon for our Children’s Studio.
- The Winter deadline for the Government Plaza Gallery is November 1. If you’re interested in having your work displayed, click here >>